WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 500g butter icing
- 2 x Deeghuys 8-inch vanilla sponge cakes
- 200ml desiccated coconut
- 2ml green food colouring
- 350g Kit-kat chocolate bar
- Farm animals – kids’ toys
- Place your first layer on your cake stand. Put butter icing on the layer and use a small offset spatula to make an even layer
- Place your next layer on top. Some icing should ‘spill out’ the sides.
- Repeat this process: frosting, layer of cake, frosting, layer of cake, until you have added all your layers.
- Use an offset spatula or a flat knife to put a dollop of icing on top of the cake and then use the spatula or knife to bring it down over the sides, making sure to get the frosting all the way to the bottom.
- Arrange the chocolate bars around the cake to build a fence.
- Mix the desiccated coconut with food colouring and sprinkle on top of the cake to create the grass.
- Arrange the farm animals as preferred to build a farm cake.