WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 pack of Deeghuys Roosterkoek
- 6 beef burger patties
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50ml butter
- 2 tomatoes cut into slices
- 2 avocadoes, thinly sliced
- Handful lettuce leaves
- 60ml caramelized onions or marmalade
- Place Deeghuys Roosterkoek onto flat tray and cover with plastic or damp cloth and allow to defrost. Proof for 2 hours or until double in size.
- Place roosterkoek onto braai grid and braai for 20 minutes on medium coals, approximately 10 minutes per side, until golden brown. Braai burger patties until cooked and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut open the roosterkoek and spread with butter. Fill with tomato, avocado and lettuce. Top with a beef patty and caramelized onions.
- Serve with a fresh salad or potato chips.
Braai Deeghuys Roosterkoek for a side dish and serve with butter and a variety of preserves. This will surely be a favourite at any braai.